Who doesn’t love an excuse to get dressed up and hang out with friends and family? There’s no better time than the holidays. I live in Wisconsin where we just had our first snowfall of the year and it sure does get me in the holiday spirit.
As I prepare to host a big holiday party, I was reminded that I have nowhere near enough glassware for all our guests. Luckily, I can head over to foodpros.com to buy an assortment of entertaining supplies to stock up for my holiday entertaining and cocktails–and you can, too!
- Trendy stemless champagne flutes are perfect for a New Year’s Eve toast at midnight.
- Old Fashioned are a favorite in Wisconsin; you problem already have Old Fashioned glasses, but it never hurts to have more.
- Cocktail shakers are an essential for any holiday gathering.
- Stemless white wine and stemless red wine glasses are always good to have around during the holidays.
- Fashionable Z-stem martini glasses provided endless drink options!
Here are a few of my favorite recipes to make during holiday parties. I hope you enjoy!
Perfect Holiday Cocktail Recipes
- 1 sugar cube
- Angostura bitters
- Lemon or orange twist, for garnish
Soak the sugar cube in Angostura bitters and drop into a champagne flute. Top with a luxury champagne or a sparkling wine. Garnish with a lemon or orange twist.
Apple Martini, as told to Food Network
- 2 trays ice
- ¼ liter vodka
- ½ liter sour apple mix
- Splash sweet vermouth
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced
In a medium pitcher, combine ice, vodka, sour apple mix, and vermouth. Stir thoroughly. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with apple slice. Serve immediately.
- 2 teaspoons simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 dashes bitters
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1.5 fluid ounces bourbon whiskey
- 1 orange slice, for garnish
- 1 maraschino cherry, for garnish
Pour the simple syrup, water, and bitters into a whiskey glass. Stir to combine, then place the ice cubes in the glass. Pour bourbon over the ice and garnish with the orange slice and maraschino cherry.