My family just returned from an amazing spring break vacation. It was wonderful to get out of the cold and enjoy some sunshine, but the actual travel part of the vacation was (as always) my least favorite part.
Convenience Store Travel Stock-Up
- Gum. I lost count of the number of times we were about to board a plane and I forgot to buy gum. There is nothing worse than dealing with hurting ears from pressure changes on a vacation, so gum is a must!
- Magazines. Take the time to purchase that magazine you have been wanting to read instead of paying more for it when you’re bored at the airport.
- Chocolate Treats. Flying and chocolate go hand-in-hand for me. Picking up some candy bars at the c-store save me loads of money! It’s also great to grab a few to stash away for the kids when they get antsy.
- Snacks. Airlines are slowly taking away drinks and snacks on planes. Don’t get caught off guard when the airline tells you they have no pretzels to give out – bring your own!
- Drink Mix–ins. Water is free at airports and on airplanes. Save loads of money by purchasing drink mix-ins. From coffee to Crystal Light® to Kool-Aid®, this little extra taste costs cents compared to purchasing bottles in the airport.